in today’s post i am sharing my best tips on time management and making time to do all the things you want to do in your life! everyone has the same 24 hours in a day but some people get so much more done than others. it’s all about how you manage your time and making time for what is important to you. if you say you can’t make time for it, it’s probably not important enough to you in most circumstances!
1. cut out anything that you don’t need to be spending your time on. try to find the essential things you want to always make time for. if you have a lot going on, you might have to cut down what you’re doing and prioritize.
2. think of ways to blend things. sometimes there is just simply not enough time in a day to do it all and things need to be blended together. for example, maybe you want to hangout with your friend and you need to study and you have like maybe 3 hours for both, you can study with your friend. things like that were you can do two things at once with certain things.
3. remember that the things you get some with things you give up. this is one of those things you simply have to accept when adding things to your lives. for example if you want to do a sport and have practices on tuesday at two but you usually hang out with someone, you’re going to have to make a decision and either you aren’t that committed to the sport or you’re going to have to pick another day.
4. get stuff done during your deadtime. deadtime is the time you may be waiting in the car, a study period at school, etc. there is so so much you can get done during those time periods and that helps you so much. with motivation you can get a huge dent at your to do list with that. for example i’m currently typing this at my grandparents while my dad helps them with their computer instead of just watching tiktok and putting off my post til later.
5. if something takes less than 5-10 minutes, do it now. i don’t know about you but i totally catch myself putting off tasks that i shouldn’t be putting off because they are so easy. this includes vacuuming, a few problems on a worksheet, cleaning out your backpack and so much more. just do it right then and there!
6. focus on what is most important. something that is super important to do it to make sure you have a top three tasks that you NEED to get done that day. then make sure you do those first because even if you do nothing else, you will have gotten done what you really needed to.
7. think about which tasks need full focus and which ones can be multitasked. something can be done while doing others and some just completely can’t. for example i listen to audiobooks while i clean or do laundry and that gets me minutes for my english class of reading. but there are other things you really need to put your full attention to and you need to decide what those are for you.
i hope this post helps you and you enjoyed!