I recently decided to gradually go vegan!! I’m not going to go too much into it, but I was already vegetarian so I slowly started cutting out forms of dairy and how much I had it. Finally cutting dairy has really left me feeling so much better! Obviously this post isn’t for me to tell you “go vegan”, I just wanted to share my favorite recipes and since I’m eating vegan, they’re vegan 🙂
A huge part for me was replacing things, here I have 3 recipes that replaced tacos, yogurt & berries (my old favorite breakfast) and altered my smoothie to make it vegan! I also started buying dairy-free ice-cream, protein powder, etc.
OATMEAL, BANANA & PEANUT BUTTER BOWL
This is my new favorite breakfast because it has a good amount of protein!! I love the banana-nut flavor mixed with the oatmeal. I promise this will keep you full all morning!!
1. I start by boiling my water and making my oatmeal! I used plain oatmeal and put that in a bowl.
2. While that’s cooking I’ll cut up my banana. I cut it into slices and put them on top of the oatmeal.
3. I finish off by adding my chia seeds and peanut butter!!
I love how cute this bowl is too, you bet I’m taking photos of it!
QUINOA, CORN & BEANS
This amazing lunch/dinner replaces bean and cheese tacos for me!!
1. I cook my quinoa by boiling 1 cup of water and then adding 1 cup of quinoa! Then I let this cook for 10-15 minutes.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, I wash some black beans and corn and warm those in the microwave!
3. After everything is done cooking, I add the quinoa to a bowl. Then I mix in the beans and corn!
This is such a good, protein-packed with veggies!! You can also add any other veggies you’d like.
FAVORITE PROTEIN BERRY SMOOTHIE:
- soy milk
- vegan protein powder
- frozen raspberries
- frozen strawberries
- sometimes i’ll add frozen asai too!!
I hope you enjoyed and try some of these recipes out!!