I’ve seen these hanging plants all over Pinterest and I’ve wanted to try it out forever!! It’s actually pretty easy and very minimal supplies 🙂
plant (I recommend air plants because they can’t dump dirt if you bump into them)
1. Cut 8 pieces of string that are about 24 inches each and tie them together at the top. Split them into 4 groups of 2.
2. Tie each of the two pieces together about 1 1/2 inches away from the original knot.
3. Take one of the two strings from one knot and one from the one to the side and tie them together. Repeat all the way around.
4. Repeat step 3 as many times as you need to fit your plant it.
5. You should be able to put your plant in the hanger by holding all the strings at the top and the original knot being underneath the pot.
You can hang this from a shelf or from your ceiling and it’s so cute/cozy! You could also make a few of these and hang them together in a corner, I just didn’t have enough air plants :/
• DIY AÇAÍ BOWLS •
Guys, these are so good!! Me and my mom both loved these and they’re so healthy too. I love how beautiful these bowls look, you can take some photos of them too 😉
1. Add to your blender:
frozen açaí packet (mines from whole foods)
milk (I used lactose-free cause i’m lactose intolerant)
2. Blend all your ingredients together on a high setting until all the chunks are gone and it’s a smooth but thick mixture.
3. Now pour/spoon your blended asai into a bowl and smooth the top.
4. Cut up some fruit such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries (well you don’t need to cut those) or whatever you’d like.
5. Then, I arranged my fruit on top of my bowl, I also added granola (my favorite thing on açaí bowls) and honey!!
And here are my wonderful masterpieces!! But really, I’ve been loving these ever since I got the frozen açaí for them 😉
• DIY “GOOD VIBES” BANNER/SIGN •
I’ve been seeing these banner types all over Urban Outfitters and their so cute (and aesthetic lol ;))
letter outlines for your words
exacto knife or some other small blade
black paint + brush
1. Use your exacto knife or small blade type thing (mine was my moms and it’s meant for scrapbooking lol) to cut out the insides of all your letters needed to spell “good vibes” (or whatever other short phrase you’d like).
2. Attach your letter to your fabric with tape. I recommend using a ruler and pencil to make a line across, so when you place the bottom of your letter their even because mine were a bit off center…
3. Then, fill in your letters with paint! You can do this super carefully and hold the sides down but I liked mine a bit messy 🙂
4. Continue painting in your letters and removing the letters as you go.
5. Once you’ve finishing painting everything, let it dry for 1+ hours to be safe.
6. Using a ruler, outline where you want to cut for each side and carefully cut.
7. Also measure out a point at the bottom if you’d like (you could also leave it straight or do it like a pendant)
8. Then, glue on your dowel rolling the fabric around it with hot glue.
9. Finally, tie your string around the ends of the dowel so you can hang your sign.
I hope you enjoyed and try these out! Comment any post requests 🙂